Growth and continuous improvement are a huge part of our culture at PSSI. And an important part of our growth is taking time to reflect on our work and celebrate the small and large achievements along the way. It’s what unifies us and makes us stronger as we prepare for a new year.
2021 was a year of significant growth across many areas of our business at PSSI. Growth in advancing food safety and protection, growth in the development and leadership of our team, growth in building and supporting safe work environments, and growth in leading new product innovation and environmental solutions. It took hard work, dedication, and collaboration across many different teams and we are extremely proud of the progress.
Here are just a few of the highlights:
Food Safety and Protection
- 593 Facilities Serviced including USDA, FDA, CFIA and Warehouses
- 300M+ Servings of Food Protected Daily
- 555 Audits Completed with 100% Audit Success Rate
- Recognized 12 Food Safety Hero Awards
Development and Leadership
- New partnership with Safe Foods Corporation, a global leader in food safety processing aids, equipment, software, and consulting, to further deepen food safety expertise and support.
- Promoted more than 3,100 employees (20 percent) of PSSI workforce
- Celebrated 24 University of PSSI graduates supporting enhanced leadership across the company
- Invested $13 Million in safety improvements over the last 4 years
- Awarded $623,000 in safety bonuses awarded to PSSI Supervisors
- 265 plants accident free
- 349 plants under 2.72 ORR
- 35% reduction in OSHA recordable incidents within P-85 plants
Chemical Quality and Innovation
- PSSI Chemical Innovations produced and shipped nearly 100 million pounds of chemical products in 2021.
- Launched 5 new industry leading chemical products
- PSSI Chemical Innovations received the prestigious SQF Quality Certification for its 4th year in a row recognizing its rigorous reporting processes for ensuring product quality and safety.
- Established a new company wide water conservation goal of saving 2 billion gallons of water by 2026 (Equivalent to the annual drinking needs of 10 million people)
- Developed and implemented new auto-shut off Water Boss nozzles that have shown between 13-15% water usage savings among plants involved in the testing project.
- Actively track water usage with sophisticated Real-Time Performance Metrics technology providing precise data-driven tracking and reporting.
As a leading food safety solutions company, our team at PSSI remains committed to our vision of owning the standard of health and safety for our family and brand protection for our partners. We look forward to continuing raising the bar on that standard in 2022 and beyond.